Link Technologies is seeking to hire a Security Architect for a contract to hire position with a high profile client in Las Vegas, NV. If you are looking to join a quality team, don't hesitate to apply!
We are currently seeking a Security Architect for our Client. This position will be responsible for implementing the Data & Digital Security (DDS) program and strategy at a tactical and operational level Secures enterprise information by determining security requirements; planning, implementing, and testing security systems; preparing security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members to ensure that security controls are functioning efficiently and effectively, more specifically in the realm of security logging, monitoring, alert management, incident handling, vulnerability and configuration management. Furthermore, this position also supports the DDS Team in doing security research and development, product evaluations, consulting, project support, and any other operational tasks needed to support the overall requirements of the program and strategy. Provides technical expertise to design and establish security related standards, procedures, and solutions appropriate to securing the existing environment in partnership with various properties and Information Technology.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
Operational Planning & Management
• Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
• Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
• Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
• Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
• Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
• Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
• Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
• Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Documentation, Reporting & Analytics
• Contribute to the design and implementation of an operational reporting framework that will provide regular metrics and statistics about our business and IT environment; analyze trends in security events, activities, etc. to better understand risks, insufficiencies in our solutions, staffing shortages, etc.; report security metrics and statistics to the CISO and other key stakeholders such as the CTO
• Document and follow-up on security exceptions relating to IT and property activities that could negatively impact security risks and/or not adhere to established policies, standards, or procedures
Performance and Training Management
• Obtain training and advice from more experienced security staff and/or other non-security professionals (IT, properties, e.g.)
• Self-manage career in security by leveraging available courses in-house and courses offered externally; prepare a career plan for short-term and longer-term performance management
Organizational Planning and Management
• Contribute to projects with the IT and property teams and for projects internal to DDS
• Assist with general administrative activities in collaboration with all team members
• Support vendors' activities and relationships
• Prepare project plans and associated documentation
• Prepare status reports and other management metrics as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience in Computer Science, Database Administration, MIS or Electrical Engineering required
• CISSP, CISA, CISM, GSEC, or related certification(s) preferred
• Network certifications such as CCNP, JNICP, ACE, and/or CNSE required
• 5+ years work experience in networking required.
• 1-2 years hands-on work experience in implementing Information Security requirements
• Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and project management skills.
• Extensive training in engineering disciplines including systems programming, systems design, computer technology and software disciplines.
• Operations management, project management, and system implementation management skills.
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->To apply, please send your resume in MS Word Format to email@example.com and reference Job ID #5603. Applicants must be able to pass criminal background check and drug test. We regret that we are unable to provide VISA sponsorship at this time.